What is included in a Food Parcel?
The food parcels that we give vary depending on family size; they normally contain one weeks worth of food.
A typical size parcel contains approximately 50 items of long life food (e.g. tinned meat, fish, pasta, vegetables), plus toiletries, household cleaning products, and some fresh produce (milk, bread, butter, cheese, eggs, fruit & vegetables).
* We are able to accommodate allergies / dietary requirements so please make your referrer aware of any specific needs you have when they are filling out the referral form for you.
When do our client sessions run?
- Tuesdays 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Wednesdays 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- Fridays 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm
* Extra sessions may be added in the run up to Christmas, or other busy times, and occasionally sessions will run on different days eg. to avoid bank holidays.
How does collection work?
When you arrive at St. Clare’s Church, you will have the opportunity to have a chat over Tea / Coffee and Cake with our Listener Volunteers.
We are able to signpost useful local services as well as provide Fuel Application sheets for clients who are on prepayment meters. Fuel sheets are then passed on to our Fuel Team who process Gas & Electricity Voucher Applications the following week.
How does delivery work?
If you are eligible for Delivery, no need to worry about travelling to St. Clare’s Church. One of our Volunteer Drivers will deliver the food parcel straight to your doorstep! Please ensure that you will be at home to receive the parcel during the time sent to you via text.